We would like to inform you about the upcoming changes in the Freja Mobile Token. At the beginning of April, we will be releasing a new version on Google Play and App Store. Please be ready to notify your end users that the application will need to be updated when the new versions become available.
The application communicates with our backend servers known as MDS. As an additional security measure to protect against malicious attacks, a certificate pinning is performed during the TLS handshake. On April 24th, the certificate used in the pinning process will expire. We will update the certificate with this release to avoid any negative customer impact.
Customer impact if update is not applied
On April 19th, we’ll be renewing our MDS certificate. Once the certificate is renewed, the customers with the previous application version will experience the following:
• New users provisioning/registration will not be possible.
• Certificate renewal on your MASS servers will not be possible.
In case the end user forgot their PIN they have the following options:
• Reset the PIN by selecting “Reset PIN” from the menu. This flow requires the entry of the Reset PIN Code (RPC). The user can obtain the RPC in two ways:
- By following the Reset PIN. Go through the Self Service Portal.
- From the helpdesk. The Helpdesk can obtain the users RPC by logging in to the Token Management Console, selecting the users token, and pressing Reset PIN button.
• Reset the Application to factory state. To do so, open the menu in the upper right corner and select the General option. This will bring you to the new screen where you can click the “Reset application” button. After this reset is performed, the token will have to be provisioned again.
• Reinstall the application. To do so, uninstall the application from your device and download it again from the store. After download is completed, the token will have to be provisioned again.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we are here to help if you have questions.
• April 9th - New version of Freja Mobile Token Application with the new certificate will be released for both Android and iOS.
• April 19th - Certificate will be changed to the new one on the MDS servers.
• April 24th - Old certificate expires.
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR OUR VERISECUP MOBILE TOKEN APP CUSTOMERS | NOV 2022
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR OUR VERISEC MOBILE CORE SDK USERS | NOV 2022
DAGENS INDUSTRY ARTICLE: TRUSCALE AB BUILDING A CLOUD SERVICE FOR PAYMENT SECURITY | MAY 2022
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR OUR SDK USERS | JAN 2022
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR OUR VMT CUSTOMERS | JAN 2022
WE ARE CHANGING THE NAME OF OUR MOBILE TOKEN | JUN 2021